Thursday, August 19, 2010

LED Streetlighting in LaSalle

Something I have tried to push for in LaSalle for the last 4 years is installing LED street lighting. Sometimes it takes time and a whole lot of effort to move a mountain. With all the road and parking lot projects in progress I still haven't been able to convince people that we should switch to LED lighting.

Every council meeting that we have, council has to approve expenses from the previous meeting and I see the cost of electricity for street lights and know we can save 30% to 40% of electricity cost alone not including the maintenance costs of the high pressure sodium. With electricity increases coming in the new year I think that it only makes sense to start now and put in LED. Take time and check out LED lights. The Town of Essex has some installed and you can go and see first hand what they would look like and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment